Today, the development of science, technology and information system which is so rapid and not being balanced by the constant development of human minds and soul has made our society become not harmonious. Human values or moral is decreasing day by day. Everyday we read from the newspaper, watch on television, internet and other media, so many crimes occuring in our society, such as riots, rapes, murders, wars, and so forth. All of these problems have made our precious lives become uncomfortable, while in fact, all we want is to live in harmony, and in peaceful condition.
Based on this irony, we as a Buddhist society initiates to open a Buddhist school which emphasizes in moral education. We aim to provide a well-rounded education to all students by caring and concerned teachers in a Buddhist atmosphere conducive to learning and where each child’s unique talents and potential are valued.
“We cannot change the world. We cannot change others. We can only change ourselves.” Here is the great message from Buddha Gautama. If we can change ourselves into a good person, then the number of bad people in this world will lessen by one. If this message is applied by each individual, it is certain that every family will be in harmony, every society will be in good condition, and our loving country and nation will be at peace. This ideal condition is core-related to the educational system and teaching process that are given to each individual.
To be a steadfast high quality school, with moral ethic, good heart and mind, high tolerance, compassion to all sentient beings, and active participant in educating the nation.
- Produce graduates with high skilled-intellectuals, creativities and positive spiritual values.
- Maximize students’ potentials to have well-rounded education, outstanding characters, ethics, loving and kindness
- Build awareness among the society regarding the importance of basic moral ethic in our education system, starting preschool to elementary, junior high up to university level.
- Encourage the society to have positive attitude at an early age
- Build a harmonious relationship and atmosphere between teachers, parents and with positive attitudes.
- Join collaboration with other good quality schools, domestically or internationally.